Admissions to 25 per cent seats reserved in schools under Right to Education (RTE) Act, 2009, will start from Wednesday, after nearly a month's delay.
The director of primary education, Mahavir Mane, said, "The online forms will be accepted from 11am on Wednesday. Only three schools have failed to register themselves. They have been given time till midnight. If they fail to register, action will be taken against them. Two of these schools are in Pimpri Chinchwad and one is in Pune."
Under RTE Act, 25 per cent seats in entry level classes (Standard I or pre-primary) of all unaided schools must be kept reserved for students from backward classes of society.
Admissions to these seats are marred by chaos every year, either due to technical problems in online admission procedure or with schools refusing to admit students. After admissions dragged on till end of last year, it was decided that RTE admissions for 2016-17 would be held early.
Admission Process for RTE 25% reservation through an online application.
Eligible schools to fill following details and get the approval of Cluster / URC head to make the school available for Selection
a) School Contacts
b) Valid age limit for admission
c) Total strength,(30 sept 2014) intake and vacancies for RTE 25% reservation
d) Accurate school location on Google map
The steps involved are as follows.
1) Get your application number registered on the system. The application number and password will be communicated on your registered mobile.
2) Enter child details, parent details.
3) Locate the address accurately to list schools within 1 KM and within 1-3 KM range from your house.
4) Select the required standard.
5) Upload required documents.
6) Confirm the application.
7) After confirmation, take the printed application along with the required documents to help desk provided.
1) The schools having more vacancies and less number of applications will allot the seats to all applicants.
2) The schools having less vacancy will use lottery system. The lottery will be drawn and generated by the district administration i.e. Education officer, Primary for the district.
3) The selection list will be published on the system.
4) The list will be made available under application login for parents. The admit card can be printed.
5) Schools will admit the students as approached by parents after completing necessary requirements.